Seriously, summer is a great time to get down some of those skills, such as using Google Classroom or interactive Google maps, that will make you feel more confident and inspired as an educator in today's digital world.
The best part is, YOU CHOOSE what you want to learn and when you want to learn it....for FREE! Here's the deal:
Google for Education offers free online training. It's very well organized, very thorough, very customizable to meet your specific needs. You can go for a certification, but you don't have to. There are two levels of training: Fundamentals and Advanced.
Each level is broken down into units that cover a host of skills and some light online pedagogy. In each unit you are told exactly
- what you will learn,
- the Google products involved,
- what skills you will need. Here the training links to resources to help you learn the skill if you need it. For example, if you need to know how to use filters on a Google search, you will be linked to articles or videos showing you how to do that.
There are plenty of knowledge checks to help you know whether or not you are getting it.
Some of the things you can learn:
- What apps (products) are available in G Suite for Education, which is the collection of apps Google puts together for schools
- How to use all of the apps
- How to choose the right app for you objective and your available resources
- Where to find other how-to and inspiration resources
You'll also probably get pretty excited about all the cool things you can do, especially with your students!
|Click on the image to go to the Google Training Center and get started|