Like most of you, I pretty much live on my gmail while at work. That's why I love, love, love this little calendar gadget that gives me a three-day at-a-glance view. I don't always remember to open up calendar every day to see what's happening so having this little gadget has really saved me from missing events and meetings (and even personal appointments since I have my personal calendar integrated into my work calendar. Here's how to do that.)
My gadget only shows a chronological list of events, but you can also display a mini-calendar at the top. I don't do that because I have a ton of labels so space is limited on my gmail sidebar. From the gadget, you can do a couple of things:
- see event details by clicking on an event
- open Google Calendar in a different window
- choose which calendars you want to be visible
Inserting the calendar gadget is super easy! Here's a video on how to do it. Or if you prefer to read instructions, here you go!
- From your gmail, click on the gear icon on the far right
- Click on Settings
- Once in Settings, click on Labs
- If you don't see Google Calendar Gadget listed, search for it in the search bar
- Once the gadget pops up, click Enable
- Be sure to scroll down and SAVE CHANGES!!!!
- Close Settings by clicking on the inbox label (left menu)
- Scroll down to the bottom of that left menu, past all the labels, and click on the three little dots, which is your gadget icon
- The calendar gadget will pop up right above
- Click on Options to customize your calendar
And it's just that easy!
Be sure to let me know how this tech tip is working for you!